Gears and Spirals-geometric images combining gears and spirals, some overlapping. Patterns can be combined and customized by each student. Fused applique will be used in class, however the designs can be used with traditional methods too!
- $5 pattern fee payable to instructor
- Mechanical pencil
- paper cutting scissors
- 4″ or similiar size scissors to cut detailed shapes out of fabric bonded to webbing
- Glass head quilt pins
- 2 yards paper backed fusible webbing (an example: regular weight Wonder Under).
- Fat quarters or large scraps of cotton hand dyes or brightly colored prints. Bring two values of each color: yellow, orange, red, purple, blue and green to have a varied palette. Also include a few neutrals for backgrounds.
- Small sheet of foamcore to use as a work surface
- SMALL iron (100 watts)
- Light box and extension cord