Here is the supply list for the upcoming Compass Capers workshop on April 20.
- Basic Sewing Supplies (pins, paper & fabric scissors, ripper, name tag, etc.)
- Sewing machine
- Iron & ironing surface, wooden finger iron, or small wall paper seam roller
- Rotary cutter, mat and ruler (6″x24″)
- Add-a-quarter ruler (optional)
- Mechanical pencil
- Color pencils
- transparent tape
- 1 yard “border” – this is the fabric the compass will be placed on. A multicolor print works well here.1/2 yard light background (behind points)
- 1/4 yard each of a light and dark value of three different colors (6 fabrics total). These fabrics will make up the points of the compass. The light and dark value of each of the colors gives the points a 3-dimensional look. Pull these colors from the multicolor border fabric.
Chris will provide paper for drafting the compass.