Charity Committee 2022-2023 Guild Year
Your generosity continues to amaze us, you have warmed the hearts and lifted the spirits of so many! These are the projects that we are supporting this year. Questions?
1. Placemats for Meals on Wheels-Guild Contact: Mary Margaret Wacker
We’d like to provide placemats that can be distributed twice a year to their clients. These can be as simple or as complicated as you like. Fabric 2 pieces 19×13 and used Pellon interfacing 926 for stiffness. https://jmbhandmade.com/easy-placemat-sewing-tutorial/
2. All Peoples Church-Guild Contact: Mary Margaret Wacker
Fleece Blankets: They have asked for blankets approximately 45×60, though they will certainly accept larger ones. In addition, fleece hats and scarves, mini shampoo.
3. Quilts for Kids-Guild Contact: Judy Valentino
The quilts go to Children’s Hospital and while the preference is for approximately 40×50, they will also accept larger ones because they serve children up to the age of 18. For more information on Quilts for Kids, visit their website: https://www.quiltsforkids.org/
4. Walker Bags-Guild Contact: Caroline Koch
They are in high demand at assisted living and rehabilitation centers. Ours have been donated to the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin in Waukesha. Link to the pattern: Walker Bag Pattern
5. Time of the Month Menstruation supplies-Guild Contact: Karen Hendrickson
Will have a bag at each meeting to accept donations. For more information on this organization, visit their website: Time of the Month Club
6. Pillowcases for Ryan’s Case for Smiles and All Peoples Church-Guild Contact: Mary Margaret Wacker
All Peoples Church asks for holiday-themed fabric for Advent Bags.
Ryan’s Case for Smiles prefers pillowcases that appeal to children. Visit their webite: Ryan’s Case for Smiles
7. Hanan Refugee Relief-Guild Contact: Mary Margaret Wacker
Fabric that can be used for clothing.
Last updated 12/17/2022 based on information from the December 2022 Newsletter.